Ambulance refused to treat my daughter after a deer accident...

by Anonymous

My daughter was in a single car accident with a deer. She flipped her car and rode the guardrail and hit a tree before coming to a stop. An ambulance was called and when they arrived they realized the accident was on the "wrong side of the road" for them to help her and they drove away.

I'm wondering if we can sue the ambulance company for not treating my daughter at the scene, stating it wasn't in their jurisdiction? Thanks.

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Ambulance refused to treat my daughter after a deer accident...":

Anonymous (USA):

Your question begs for more information. If the ambulance was a privately owned company, the ambulance company may not have had any duty to respond to or treat your daughter. You would have to check your state's regulations regarding private ambulance companies' duties and obligations. This information may be found under private ambulance licensing statutes.

If the ambulance was owned or controlled by the municipality where the accident occurred the municipality may be liable, but only if their failure to stop and render aid to your daughter resulted in her injuries becoming exacerbated, or the ambulance violated one of your state or local statutes. To pursue a legal claim against the municipality would requite filing a governmental "Tort Claim".

Its hard to believe any ambulance company would purposely fail to stop and render aid just because they were in the wrong side of the road. Was your daughter being treated by another ambulance company? Did the ambulance company on the wrong side of the wrong possibly not see your daughter? Was your daughter truly injured?

These are all questions which must be answered before you can decide whether or not you have a legal claim. If you can support your question with additional facts we might be able to give your a more specific answer to your question.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Road Quality Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: