Back Injury from Ride at Amusement Park...

by Sandy
(Methuen, MA ,United States)

I went on a ride at an amusement park where you stand against the wall and it spins fast, then the floor drops away. I went on it with my husband and my two brothers-in-law. When we went on the ride I was fine and felt no pain initially. It started to spin faster and faster, the floor dropped away and I then felt like my back and spine are being crushed.

I've never before felt pain like that in my entire life. I started to panic and I tried to tell my husband to have them stop the ride, but he couldn't hear me. The ride eventually stopped and I get off with my back in extreme pain. I couldn't bend down or move side to side.

The back pain went away, or at least that's what I thought. The next day I woke up in tears because of how bad it hurt. Every morning now I wake up and I have the same pain all over again. Over the counter pain killers help the pain a little bit. I can't lay on a certain side for too long and I can't lay on my back or chest. I don't know what to do. I've never ever been in so much pain.

What can I do? Thanks in advance.

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Back Injury from Ride at Amusement Park...":

Sandy (Methuen, MA, United States):

Go to the nearest hospital emergency room or medical clinic. Although it is unclear what your injuries are, it is possible the doctors may order an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination or a CAT Scan (Computer Axial Tomography) examination.

Both of these examinations will reveal injuries to your bones, soft tissue, and inner organs. If either or both of the examinations are positive for injury you may have a claim for damages against the amusement park owner and management.

Because the State of Massachusetts has a 2 years Statute of Limitations, or time period from the onset of an injury to the time a case is either settled or a lawsuit filed, you have plenty of time to consider a personal injury claim.

Hopefully at the time you were injured you reported your pain to the operator of the ride or the management office. If you did it is probable an incident report of some type may have been created.

If the results of either the MRI or CAT Scan are positive then contact the amusement park owners and management and report your injury. Tell them you have medical bills which need to be paid and want to discuss additional compensation for your pain and suffering.

If you're not satisfied with their response you can consider filing a personal injury lawsuit on your own, or you can also consider retaining a personal injury attorney to file one for you.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Amusement Park Accident Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: