Broken Ankle After Fall on a Motorcycle...

by Willem
(Pretoria, GA)

I fell with my motorcycle after a car swerved in front of me. I broke my right ankle and scarred my right knee and elbow. The driver of the car came from the side of the road after stopping at an arts and crafts stand.

He didn't look back for traffic and just entered the road right next to me. I had to apply my brakes not to be bumped from the side, but my bike slipped and I fell. The driver of the car never stopped and just took off. Not even an eye witness stopped. What am I to do?

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Broken Ankle After Fall on a Motorcycle...":

Willem (Pretoria, GA):

Without some evidence of the driver's identity you will have a difficult time pursuing a legal claim against the driver for your injuries and the damages to your motorcycle.

If anyone called the police at the time of the collision they might have pursued the driver quickly and arrested him/her. Normally "Leaving the Scene of an Accident", or "Failure to Leave Identification at the Scene of an Accident" is a felony.

You might consider taking an ad out in the local newspaper's classified section. In it ask if anyone was driving by the scene of the collision at the time of the collision. You can also consider offering a small reward to anyone who is able to supply you with information about the collision.

If you are fortunate enough to have someone contact you with the information you will be able to begin a legal claim against the driver.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Motorcycle Accident Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: