Broken Arm from Slip and Fall at a Football Game...

by Carol
(Corry, PA)

I was attending a high school football game. The ground was very muddy as it had rained earlier. I was on the grass walking to the bleachers to sit down and I fell and broke my arm. I am 67 years old.

I didn't realize I had broke my arm but it was very painful. Someone there did offer to have the EMTs look at it but I refused. When I was a child I had been burned very bad on that arm and I was embarrassed to have anyone see it. I waited until Monday to go to the doctor. I do have Medicare but I'm not sure how much will be covered by Medicare.

Is there any way I can get compensation for my injury from the school since I fell on their property?

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Broken Arm from Slip and Fall at a Football Game...":

Carol (Corry, PA):

You may be able to convince the school to compensate you for your injury. It will really depend on the school's attitude toward such injuries. Certainly the school is covered with insurance. and certainly an injury like yours should be covered.

Contact the principal or other school administrator with some authority. Explain what happened. Tell the school you suffered a broken arm and have the medical documentation to support your claim.

You can remind them the EMT responded to you when you were injured. If you are comfortable telling them you were embarrassed about your previous injury, and as a result declined assistance at that time, then tell them.

The bottom line, as they say, is you were injured. You were injured on school property. Your actions didn't in any way contribute to your injury, and you have the supporting documentation. Hopefully you will receive a positive response.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to School Accident Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: