Car Crash Lawsuit for Major Injuries...

by Eric
(Waterford, CT)

I was injured as a passenger in car accident. The driver's insurance doesn't provide adequate compensation, and the driver is a young adult with no assets. What recourse do I have (garnish future wages, etc)?

I have very serious injuries including a shattered arm, broken pelvis, collapsed lung, and traumatic brain injury. Thank you for any advice you can give.

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Car Crash Lawsuit for Major Injuries...":

If the vehicle was owned and operated by the party driving and they are underinsured, you may need to check your own policy and submit a claim there for additional compensation. If the driver of the vehicle was not the actual vehicle owner, you may want to look into his insurance.

If the vehicle owned by party A was negligently entrusted to party B, you may sue both parties for your injuries. If all of these options fail, check your state's local victims compensation fund. Sometimes they will compensate injured parties where insurance otherwise falls short.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Permanent Injury Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: