Confirming Employer Filed Claim?

by Larry
(Steele, Alabama)

I was hurt at work and required surgery. This occurred on Friday, October 12th. My employer knew about this accident the moment it happened and is now acting like he's avoiding me. I don't know if he has filed my claim or not, and I don't know what to do to make sure everything is being taken care of with my workers comp.

What should I do? I don't want to upset my employer but at the same time I need to have my medical issues taken care of. Thanks for any perspective you can give.

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Confirming Employer Filed Claim?":

Larry (Steele, Alabama):

You say you required surgery. Therefore it must have taken place sometime between October 12th and October 29th. It must be obvious to your employer you had to undergo surgery for the accident. Whether he avoids you or not is irrelevant.

Ask him if he filed your claim. If you don't ask him you won't know. If he won't answer you then ask him for the name of his workers compensation insurance carrier.

Upsetting your employer should be less important than having your medical and other injury related bills reimbursed. If that doesn't work, contact an experienced workers compensation attorney. These attorneys normally won't charge for an initial office consultation.

Any surgery is normally expensive. As a result you may have a substantial claim, especially if you will require additional time to heal, including having to miss work. Lost wages are also generally covered by workers compensation insurance.

Don't delay.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Workers Comp Claim Form Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: