Disabled Veteran Files EEOC Complaint...

by James
(Amarillo, TX, USA)

After working for only 4 weeks part-time, I decided I'd had enough of the harassment towards me. Therefore I quit and subsequently filed paperwork to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The investigator is to contact me at the end of the month.

My question is, should I still pursue the matter, since the individuals responsible for the harassment are still employed with the company? I feel that the overall process for justice is an illusion, especially for someone that is disabled and a 60+ year old war veteran. Is there anything else I should be doing to see that justice is done? Thank you.

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Disabled Veteran Files EEOC Complaint...":

James (Amarillo, TX, USA):

The EEOC investigates complaints of job discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age (40 or older), or genetic information. If the EEOC investigator believes your employer, including one or more of your employer's employees was, or continues to violate federal law, the EEOC can take action to stop the discrimination.

If the EEOC finds that your employer refuses to take corrective action to eliminate discriminatory practices, the EEOC can sue your employer in federal court.

As an aggrieved employee, you do not have the right to sue your employer for your employer's discriminatory practices. You will need to contact an attorney to proceed with a lawsuit against your employer.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Employment Discrimination Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: