Fall on Commercial Property Results in Death...

by Joe Harrison
(Cartersville, GA)

My mother fell on commercial private property and was injured, about 2 weeks later she died. I think that the fall resulted in her death. I need to know if anything can be done? Thank you.

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Fall on Commercial Property Results in Death...":

Joe (Cartersville, GA):

An investigation should be commenced immediately. The first place to start is a discussion with the doctors who treated your mother at or about the time she passed away. They will know if there were intervening factors in her death, and if so what they might have been.

The problem with speaking with doctors is they don’t like to be involved in any matters in which they might become involved in the legal process.

Their malpractice rates are so high, and the fear of lawsuits against them so great that most will not comment on any matters unless they were directly related to the specific care they offered their patient.

There are though, independent doctors who may agree to take a look at your mom’s case. You would have to first get copies of all of your mom’s medical charts and records related to her treatment at or about the time of her death. Those records will have to be studied closely by an intervening doctor.

There are some cases which really require the advice of a personal injury / wrongful death attorney. This appears to be one of them.

Most personal injury / wrongful death attorneys do not charge any legal fee for an initial office consultation. You would be best served to contact one to visit and review your mother’s case.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Wrongful Death Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: