Gallbladder Removal After Rear End Accident...

by Darren

I was rear-ended in a car accident a month ago and just recently had to have my gallbladder removed, having no problems with my gallbladder prior to the accident. I was buckled up when the accident occurred and I don't know if that had something to do with my injury and resulting removal of my gallbladder.

I was wondering if this could be related to the accident?

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Gallbladder Removal After Rear End Accident...":

Darren (California):

Although we consider our ourselves to be one of the best Personal Injury and Workmans Compensation sites available, we stop at giving medical diagnoses. The best way to find out if your gallbladder problem and its resulting removal are related to the collision is to visit with your physicians.

The good news is the State of California has a 2 year Statute of Limitations. That means you have up to two years from the date of your injury to either settle your personal injury case or file a lawsuit.

The State of California isn't a "No-Fault" insurance state. No fault insurance states require injured drivers to turn to their own insurance companies for compensation for injuries sustained during vehicular collisions. So, if your gallbladder removal can be connected to the collision you will have a right to pursue the other driver and her insurance company for compensation.

Visit with your physicians before considering the pursuit of your personal injury claim. Also meet with several attorneys to review your case. Most reputable attorneys offer a free initial consultation.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Permanent Injury Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: