Getting Immediate Compensation After an Auto Accident?

by Alisha
(Dublin, Georgia)

My husband was in an auto accident that was not his fault and now he is having a lot of pain in his neck and back. We're not sure what's wrong yet but I can't afford to pay doctors to treat him and then get reimburse later.

Is there any way to get compensation to pay the doctors immediately?

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Getting Immediate Compensation After an Auto Accident?":

Alisha (Dublin, Georgia):

Yes. If your husband was the victim of the car accident and he exchanged insurance information with the other “at-fault” driver he should be able to contact the at-fault driver’s insurance company immediately to set up a claim.

Normally when there is a vehicular collision the at-fault party notifies her insurance company. It is appropriate for the victim to do so as well. If your husband was the victim of the car collision, and the at-fault driver reported the collision, his insurance company should have already opened a claim.

When you contact his insurance company they will put your husband in touch with one of their Claims Adjusters. Those are the individuals who are assigned to investigate the facts of a collision so they can determine liability and begin to pay compensation to the victim.

If, on the other hand, your husband was at-fault, then there is little that can be done to recover compensation from the other driver. Georgia is not a “No-Fault” insurance state. If it wasn't, your husband could have gone directly to his own insurance company to recover compensation for his injuries.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Car Accident Back Injury Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: