Hand injured by employee opening a door at fast food restaurant...

by Carol
(Pomona, California, USA)

I was struck on my hand by a door at a fast food restaurant. An employee at the restaurant opened the door that struck my hand. As a result I have many injuries. My hand is still swollen even though I have received many physical therapy treatments.

I need help. My doctor told me that I have received permanent injuries due to this accident.

I have no idea what to do. How do I deal with the restaurant and insurance company? I don't want to make any mistakes since this will affect me permanently.

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Hand injured by employee opening a door at fast food restaurant...":

Carol (Pomona, California, USA):

Your doctor made clear you sustained permanent injuries. That makes your personal injury claim quite serious. If your only injuries were a swollen hand together with some pain and discomfort, you could have handled your own injury claim without an attorney.

Because of the seriousness of your injuries you really need the advice and counsel of an experienced personal injury attorney. In serious injury cases like yours lawsuits often have to be filed, depositions taken, records subpoenaed, and more. These are legal actions you aren't qualified to undertake.

Your best interest would be served by not speaking with anyone from the restaurant or the restaurant's insurance company until you've had an opportunity to visit with several attorneys. Most reputable personal injury attorneys will not charge for an initial office consultation. If one accepts your case you wont have to pay any money in advance.

Your case will be handled strictly on a contingency fee basis. This means if your attorney wins or settles your case she will receive a percentage of the amount. In the alternative, if she loses the case you will owe her nothing.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Permanent Injury Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: