How can I find my case information?

by Wayne
(Nashville, TN)

I got hurt on the job. I went to their doctors to get checked out and one doctor put me on light duties with no usage of my right arm. Then my company fired me, saying I didn't come back to work after seeing the doctor. Then their workmans comp insurance dropped my case. This was too much so I got a lawyer.

In the mean time I couldn't pay my bills and lost everything including my house and car. I had to go stay with a friend and in so doing I lost all my paperwork for the case. I don't know what to do since I can't remember the name of my attorney. I need to find that out so I can get what is rightfully mine. How can I find out who is handling my case? How can I make sure I get fair compensation for my injuries? Thanks.

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "How can I find my case information?":

Wayne (Nashville, TN):

If you don't have the remnants of any of the documents with your attorney's name and contact information on them, and the attorney didn't file a "Notice of Appearance" in your Workmans Compensation case, you may be in a difficult position.

If your attorney filed a Notice of Appearance with the Workmans Compensation Board or even sent a letter to them her name and contact information will be on record. You should be able to get the information there.

Unfortunately employers have a right to terminate the employment of their employees if they aren't able to perform their job duties and responsibilities. That's the case even if they are being actively treated for their workplace injuries.

If you think Workmans Compensation wrongfully dropped your case you may be able to file suit. To do you it would be in your best interests to hire an attorney. Most Workmans Comp attorneys will not charge for an initial office consultation.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Fired After Injury Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: