Illegal Aliens and Child Sexual Abuse...

by Anonymous
(Mobile, AL)

A company hired and housed illegal aliens (Mexicans) in the apartment complex where I live. Four of the Mexicans got my 15 year old daughter drunk and took turns sexually abusing her. She contracted oral herpes which was passed to her brother from eating after her.

Can I sue (on behalf of my children) the company that hired and housed the illegals, and the apartment complex for allowing them to be here illegally?

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Illegal Aliens and Child Sexual Abuse...":

Anonymous (Mobile, AL):

That is a difficult question to answer. The answer is probably not. Normally landlords are not liable for the criminal actions of their tenants. Unless you are able to show the landlord was complicit in the assault you may have a difficult time involving the landlord.

Certainly if you want to be rid of the people who assaulted your daughter you can contact the Immigration and Naturalization Service and report the illegal aliens. They should be able to take care of the matter by arresting them and eventually deporting them.

Hopefully you have already called the police. An Aggravated Sexual Assault is a serious felony. In addition to notifying I.N.S. you should have already contacted the police. Those men should all be arrested and jailed for a long time before they are deported.

It wouldn't hurt for you to contact the landlord to advise her about what happened. The landlord may have a form of homeowners insurance. You have nothing to lose by contacting her homeowners insurance company to report the assault. They may decide to offer some form of compensation.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Child Abuse Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: