Injured at work and not allowed to file a report...

by Anonymous

I was at work and a chair with wheels went out from under me when I tried to sit down. I hit the floor quite hard and noted pain immediately. I said I wanted to fill out an accident report but the supervisor refused to let me, stating that we should "wait and see" what kind of injury there is. I now have more pain 20 hours later.

How much time do I have to fill out the incident report form to get workers comp benefits?

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Injured at work and not allowed to file a report...":

Anonymous (USA):

In most states a person covered by workmans compensation has up to 90 days within which to make a formal report to the company's workmans compensation insurance representative. If you are in pain don't wait any longer. Contact your company's insurance representative and tell them you want to fill out the form necessary to file a workmans compensation claim.

At the same time ask the representative to provide you with the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the doctors who have been approved to offer medical attention to the company's employees.

Once you contact the insurance representative and get the process started you will be able to start getting the medical attention you need. If that medical attention requires you to take off time from work for recovery or treatment you will also be paid a percentage of your wages during your off time.

If for any reason your company doesn't cooperate in getting you the medical attention you require you can always consider consulting with a workmans compensation personal injury attorney.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Workers Comp Claim Form Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: