Lawsuit for generic drug version?

by A
(Coolidge, AZ)

I have developed peripheral neuropathy from taking generic Levaquin (levofloxacin). The only plaintiffs in the current class action are those who were prescribed the name brand. My neuropathy is becoming so bad (hands and feet) that I may no longer be able to work.

Do I have any legal options? If so, what are they? Do I have to file a separate case for the generic form of the drug? Thank you.

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Lawsuit for generic drug version?":

A (Coolidge, AZ):

You may have the basis of a "defective product" claim against the manufacturer of Levaquin, the manufacturer of the generic drug Levofloxacin (if different), the doctor who prescribed the drug, and the pharmacy where the drug was supplied to you.

Because defective product claims against pharmaceutical manufacturers are complex, and require expert testimony, research, and thousands of attorney hours, you would have to retain an attorney to pursue the claim on your behalf.

Seek the advice and counsel of several local personal injury attorneys. Most do not charge for initial office consultations. Try and find personal injury attorneys with experience in defective product claims, especially involving pharmaceutical manufacturers. You won't have to pay any money for the attorney to pursue your claim, and will only have to pay legal fees if the attorney is successful in settling your claim, or winning it at court.

Your next option is to seek information about any class actions filed against the manufacturer. One of the better class action sites is

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Drug Lawsuit Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: