Lost Teeth in ATV Accident...

by Anonymous

My daughter was involved in an ATV accident at 8 years old and lost her front teeth. She was unable to get dental implants at the time due to her age. She is now 16 years old and old enough to have the implant procedure.

I believe this can be claimed under Medical damages from the accident, but I'm worried that now this claim will be seen as a pre-existing condition. Is there any chance this claim can be covered by my insurance carrier at the time of the accident?

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Lost Teeth in ATV Accident...":

Anonymous (USA):

If you are able to convince the insurance company the implants were medically necessary at the time, and were withheld because of your daughter's age, you may be able to convince them to pay for the new dental surgery.

The need for the implants isn't really a basis of a pre-existing injury. If they agree then great. If they don't you might want to consider hiring an attorney to persuade the insurance company to agree with you.

The recent claim is not a pre-existing injury. It is directly related to the injuries your daughter suffered when she was a minor. If the insurance company agrees the matter will end successfully. If not you may have to consider taking legal action, but regrettably legal action may not be in time.

The Statute of Limitations (time period) has passed. Without a voluntary agreement from the insurance company to pay, you may have no legal recourse. It wouldn't hurt for you to contact a personal injury attorney. Most will not charge any fee for an initial office consultation. At least you will know where you stand legally.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Off-road Vehicle Injury Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: