On the Job Back Injury...

by Tuqulia
(Stone Mountain, GA)

I was walking past the sink area at work and fell flat on my back. I left work and immediately went to the hospital, but a couple of days later my employers sent me to their worker's comp doctor. The doctor never asked me to come back and when I called to try and get my test results they said they sent them to my employer.

When I asked my employer about it they said they hadn't gotten it yet. My back has been hurting ever since. I have medical records and when I went to the hospital that day they said I had contusions in my back area.

Can I still get compensation for my back injuries?

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "On the Job Back Injury...":

Tuqulia (Stone Mountain, GA):

You may run into some difficulties getting reimbursed for the doctors' bills you've already paid for. It would have been best if you originally consulted with one or more of your company's medical doctors before seeing a private one. If you saw a private doctor on an emergency basis your employer's workmans compensation insurance should accept responsibility for those bills.

The correct course of action now is to contact your employer's workmans compensation insurance representative and report your injury once again. Demand to see a list of their approved workmans compensation doctors. Then go and consult with at least one.

Your workmans compensation insurance should take over from there and you should be able to get the care and treatment you need now and may need into the future. If you have to miss any work during your treatment and recovery, workmans compensation will also pay a portion of your wages during that time.

If for any reason your employer will not cooperate you may need to seek the advice and counsel of a local workmans compensation personal injury attorney.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Workers Compensation Doctor Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: