Pushed by a Co-worker...

by Salomon
(Houston, TX)

I was pushed by a co-worker at work. I landed pretty hard and now my tail bone hurts. I reported it to my manager and HR but nothing has been done. It's basically her word against mine.

I was sent to the company doctor and they asked for an MRI but the company won't approve it. I no longer feel safe working with this co-worker and my back is giving me problems. What can I do?

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Pushed by a Co-worker...":

Salomon (Houston, TX):

If you have already reported the problem to the Human Resources Department and nothing has been done you may need to go to the next highest level, whether that be the Division Manager, a Department Head, the Vice President, or even higher if necessary. Make your report in writing, keeping a copy of it for future reference.

If you believe you are seriously injured you may have to see a doctor and use your company insurance or use your own insurance. If you don’t have enough insurance to cover your visit to a doctor and the probable MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination or CT Scan (Computer Axial Tomography) exam, you may have to find a way to pay for those examinations yourself.

You can also consider retaining a personal injury attorney. Most will not charge any fee for an initial office consultation. If the attorney accepts your case she may be able to send you to some of the doctors she works with and those doctors may withhold their medical bills until the personal injury attorney finalizes your case.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Workplace Violence Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: