Visitor Question

Baby Falls Off Chair at Doctor’s Office…

Submitted By: Anonymous (USA)

I was at the doctor’s office for my 2 month old baby’s check-up. While the nurse practitioner was checking out the baby she asked me to hold her so she could check her ears. While I was holding the baby my 2 year old was on the little rolling chair and fell off of it head first onto the hard floor.

There was immediately a dent and the nurse practitioner looked at her pupils, gave her an ice pack and sent us home. This has been a month and a half and there is still a dent in her head. Is there anything I should/can do?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Anonymous,


Take your child to another Pediatrician. Take her to your family physician. Take her to your local hospital emergency room.

Take her somewhere where the “dent” in her head can be examined.

Damage to the cranium or surrounding tissue can have life altering effects on anyone. A determination of the severity of the dent in your child’s head must be made, and be made quickly.

Hopefully, after a thorough examination your child’s injuries will be minor and not life-threatening.

It seems clear though there is already some damage to your child’s cranium and surrounding soft tissue.

Once a medical determination has been made you will know what your next step should be. If your child’s injuries are serious you should consider retaining an attorney to advise and counsel you.

Knowing your legal rights is very important. Once you understand what they are you will be in a position to make a decision which will be in your child’s best interests.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: November 3, 2011

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#2435 (11) {
    string(44) "Business Property Liability Insurance Claims"
    string(11) "page_id_394"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "265"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *