Visitor Question

Car Crash Lawsuit for Major Injuries…

Submitted By: Eric (Waterford, CT)

I was injured as a passenger in car accident. The driver’s insurance doesn’t provide adequate compensation, and the driver is a young adult with no assets. What recourse do I have (garnish future wages, etc)?

I have very serious injuries including a shattered arm, broken pelvis, collapsed lung, and traumatic brain injury. Thank you for any advice you can give.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Eric,

If the vehicle was owned and operated by the party driving and they are underinsured, you may need to check your own policy and submit a claim there for additional compensation. If the driver of the vehicle was not the actual vehicle owner, you may want to look into his insurance.

If the vehicle owned by party A was negligently entrusted to party B, you may sue both parties for your injuries. If all of these options fail, check your state’s local victims compensation fund. Sometimes they will compensate injured parties where insurance otherwise falls short.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: June 9, 2017

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#2437 (11) {
    string(69) "How Pain and Suffering Compensation Increases with Permanent Injuries"
    string(11) "page_id_337"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "288"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *