Visitor Question

Embarrassing Rear End Crash…

Submitted By: Bobby (Abbeville, LA)

I was rear-ended recently while driving. Out of fear and shock my fiance who was with me soiled herself (pooped). She was highly embarrassed to be in the middle of a high traffic road after this happened to her. Is she entitled to damages?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Bobby,

Not really. The shock and awe rear end collisions cause can often be traumatic. To recover compensation your fiancé would have to have suffered some real injuries. We did some research and weren’t able to find any personal injury lawsuits in Louisiana establishing soiling oneself as a compensable injury.

Another factor your fiancé should consider is the embarrassment she might suffer if the case couldn’t be settled and had to be tried in court.

Hopefully at the time of the collision you and the at-fault driver exchanged insurance information. If the police were summoned to the scene of the collision a police report would be generated. Contact the police department and get a copy of the report. Normally the cost to do that is nominal – about $2-5 dollars.

If your fiance wants to pursue the case she can call the insurance company to file a claim. If she files a claim she will be contacted by an insurance company Claims Adjuster. That should take a few weeks. When contacted your fiancé should explain what happened and the embarrassment she suffered. Although the Claims Adjuster is not obligated to pay her, the Adjuster may offer to paya token amount of $500 dollars or less.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: October 14, 2011

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#2437 (11) {
    string(41) "Injury Claims for Rear-end Auto Accidents"
    string(11) "page_id_400"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "265"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *