Visitor Question

Federal Workmans Comp Question…

Submitted By: Mary (Durhan, NC)

I worked for the federal government in a pharmacy. I slipped on a thick safety mat (my right foot went underneath the mat). I grabbed the counter to keep from hitting the floor and didn’t feel any immediate pain.

I told my co-workers when they came in to work, not thinking I had done much damage. But after a week I found out I had done permanent nerve damage. My doctor told me to file for federal workmans comp but I was denied. Now I can’t walk long nor sit too long. It’s been ten years and I still have problems. Is there anything I can do?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Mary,


Regrettably there is nothing you can do. Any appeal would have had to have been filed well before 10 years had expired.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: June 10, 2011

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#1942 (11) {
    string(66) "What You Need to Know About Federal Workers' Compensation Benefits"
    string(11) "page_id_200"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "233"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *