Visitor Question

Getting Immediate Compensation After an Auto Accident?

Submitted By: (Dublin, Georgia)

My husband was in an auto accident that was not his fault and now he is having a lot of pain in his neck and back. We’re not sure what’s wrong yet but I can’t afford to pay doctors to treat him and then get reimburse later.

Is there any way to get compensation to pay the doctors immediately?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear ,

Yes. If your husband was the victim of the car accident and he exchanged insurance information with the other “at-fault” driver he should be able to contact the at-fault driver’s insurance company immediately to set up a claim.

Normally when there is a vehicular collision the at-fault party notifies her insurance company.

It is appropriate for the victim to do so as well. If your husband was the victim of the car collision, and the at-fault driver reported the collision, his insurance company should have already opened a claim.

When you contact his insurance company they will put your husband in touch with one of their Claims Adjusters. Those are the individuals who are assigned to investigate the facts of a collision so they can determine liability and begin to pay compensation to the victim.

If, on the other hand, your husband was at-fault, then there is little that can be done to recover compensation from the other driver. Georgia is not a “No-Fault” insurance state. If it wasn’t, your husband could have gone directly to his own insurance company to recover compensation for his injuries.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: September 26, 2011

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#1942 (11) {
    string(65) "Car Accident Back Injuries Treatments and Filing Insurance Claims"
    string(10) "page_id_99"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "156"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *