Visitor Question

Headaches After a Van Hit Me Head On…

Submitted By: Angela (Yazoo City, Mississippi)

When I had my car I was traveling to see my cousin. I was at the stop light waiting when a van hit me head on coming from the other direction. I blacked out at that moment. I have been having bad headaches ever since the accident but I don’t know what to do.

Who will pay for me to go to the doctor? I’m really confused and would really appreciate any information that could help me deal with this. Thank you.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Angela,

The State of Mississippi is not a No-Fault insurance state. Therefore you would have a legitimate right to seek compensation from the driver who ran into you and caused your injuries.

Hopefully the driver stopped and you were able to get his insurance information. If so, contact his insurance company and file a property damage and injury claim.

You will be contacted by an insurance company claims adjuster within a few days, or at the most a week or two. Tell the adjuster you were injured and must see a physician for your headaches. Because his insured is obviously liable for your property damage and injuries the adjuster should cooperate.

If you are having frequent headaches and you are convinced those headaches are a result of the collision you should see a physician. The physician may order a CAT Scan (Computer Axial Tomography). That examination may reveal serious injuries.

At a minimum the adjuster should agree to pay for your visits to the physician and any examinations you require, including, but not limited to the CAT Scan. If the examinations reveal injuries your claim will be more significant.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: November 2, 2012

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#2437 (11) {
    string(42) "Head-on Crashes and Personal Injury Claims"
    string(11) "page_id_226"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "281"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *