Visitor Question

Hospitalized after Truck Accident at Work…

Submitted By: Daniel (Round Rock, TX)

Over 11 years ago I had an accident. I was working for waste management and while I tried to pull myself up to the truck I fell down and got dragged by the truck for about 2 blocks. I was hospitalized, in coma for about 9 hrs and in the ICU for about 2 days.

Afterwards waste management sent me a check for $3,000 and I got physical therapy over a month, however due to lack of transportation I stopped going. But now my pain is coming back and it’s really bothering me.

I wanted to see if there’s anything I can do because I have no insurance and can’t pay for my current treatment. Back then I was new and didn’t exactly know what I was supposed to do. Do you have any suggestions?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Daniel,

Regrettably, in the State of Texas there exists a 2 year Statute of Limitations for almost all personal injury cases. The Statute of Limitations is the time period in which an injured person must either settle his case or file a lawsuit. If neither of those occur the injured person forfeits his legal rights to collect any money through the court system.

From the facts you present it appears when this happened you were not represented by an attorney. If you had been she would have likely advised you never to have settled the case until you’d been examined by several medical specialists. The medical bills for the ambulance, emergency room, the treatment while in a coma, ICU, and probably many days more spent in the hospital should have amounted to tens of thousands of dollars.

It is unclear why you settled for so little. There may have been other factors we are not aware of. In the unfortunate event you are injured again you should consider seeking the advice of a Personal Injury Attorney.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: June 12, 2017

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#2437 (11) {
    string(61) "Insurance Coverage and Compensation for Car Accidents at Work"
    string(10) "page_id_38"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "227"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *