Visitor Question

Hurt by faulty shower door in my apartment…

Submitted By: Fatima (La Habra, California)

I was injured at my apartment when the sliding shower door collapsed on my right foot. It required six stitches on my middle toe and there was a broken bone. I don’t have medical insurance.

I went 10 days without a job and now I can only work part time for one month. The building manager did not offer any help and I need somebody to compensate the medical expenses, days off work and the pain I suffered. Somebody told me I need to submit a letter to my landlord. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Fatima,

I am a tenant at (Your address).

On (date the door collapsed),_______ 2011 while showering the shower door collapsed and cut my foot. The cut required six stitches.

As a result I was unable to work for ten days, and only recently have I been able to return to work part-time.

I am enclosing copies of my medical bills. As you can see the total is $________.00.

In addition I had to pay for medicine and other related out-of-pocket expenses.

The cost was $_______________.

My lost wages amount to $_______.00 (Put in the amount you would have been paid if you were working)

My Pain and Suffering amount to $5,000.00. (A reasonable amount).

Please send me a check in the amount $_________________ (add medical bills, prescription and other out-of pocket costs).

If you do not respond within 7 days of your receipt of this letter I will consider legal action.

Yours truly,

Fatima__________ ————————————

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: March 10, 2011

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#2437 (11) {
    string(35) "Apartment Building Insurance Claims"
    string(10) "page_id_51"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "278"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *