Visitor Question

Illegal Aliens and Child Sexual Abuse…

Submitted By: Anonymous (Mobile, AL)

A company hired and housed illegal aliens (Mexicans) in the apartment complex where I live. Four of the Mexicans got my 15 year old daughter drunk and took turns sexually abusing her. She contracted oral herpes which was passed to her brother from eating after her.

Can I sue (on behalf of my children) the company that hired and housed the illegals, and the apartment complex for allowing them to be here illegally?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Anonymous,

That is a difficult question to answer.

The answer is probably not.

Normally landlords are not liable for the criminal actions of their tenants. Unless you are able to show the landlord was complicit in the assault you may have a difficult time involving the landlord.

Certainly if you want to be rid of the people who assaulted your daughter you can contact the Immigration and Naturalization Service and report the illegal aliens.

They should be able to take care of the matter by arresting them and eventually deporting them.

Hopefully you have already called the police.

An Aggravated Sexual Assault is a serious felony. In addition to notifying I.N.S. you should have already contacted the police.

Those men should all be arrested and jailed for a long time before they are deported.

It wouldn’t hurt for you to contact the landlord to advise her about what happened.

The landlord may have a form of homeowners insurance.

You have nothing to lose by contacting her homeowners insurance company to report the assault. They may decide to offer some form of compensation.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: November 19, 2011

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#2437 (11) {
    string(72) "Child Abuse Victims & Restitution for Physical and Emotional Damages"
    string(11) "page_id_121"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "197"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *