Visitor Question

Injured After Falling at a Haunted House…

Submitted By: Cathy (Bella Vista, AR, US)

My daughter went to a haunted house Saturday night with a friend of mine. At the end of the haunted house people chase visitors with chainsaws. They ran with the grass wet and fell, while still being scared by the haunted house people. My friend brought her home and she was hurt. We took her to the emergency room and the doctors said she had a broken collar bone.

The haunted house representative told me that this should have been reported to them at the time, but we did not know it was a broken bone until after the fact. What can we legally do?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Cathy,

If the haunted house representative will admit the injury occurred on their property, they may agree to pay for your daughter’s medical bills, and any of your daughter’s out of pocket expenses (such as prescription and over the counter medications).

Although not probable, if they admit liability they may consider paying some or all of your lost wages if it becomes necessary for you to stay home and tend to your daughter.

If they won’t accept liability you may have to consider legal action. That legal action may include filing a lawsuit on your own in Small Claims Court, or hiring a personal injury attorney to file the suit for you. In the State of Arkansas the maximum amount you can sue for in Small Claims Court is $5,000.00 dollars.

Most personal injury attorneys will not charge any fee for an initial office consultation. Visiting with one will help you identify the legal issues in your son’s case. You will leave with a better understanding of your daughter’s legal rights and what you can possibly expect in the form of compensation.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: October 24, 2011

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#2437 (11) {
    string(42) "Claims for Injuries Inside a Haunted House"
    string(11) "page_id_222"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "280"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *