Visitor Question

Injured at work and not allowed to file a report…

Submitted By: Anonymous (USA)

I was at work and a chair with wheels went out from under me when I tried to sit down. I hit the floor quite hard and noted pain immediately. I said I wanted to fill out an accident report but the supervisor refused to let me, stating that we should “wait and see” what kind of injury there is. I now have more pain 20 hours later.

How much time do I have to fill out the incident report form to get workers comp benefits?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Anonymous,

In most states a person covered by workmans compensation has up to 90 days within which to make a formal report to the company’s workmans compensation insurance representative. If you are in pain don’t wait any longer. Contact your company’s insurance representative and tell them you want to fill out the form necessary to file a workmans compensation claim.

At the same time ask the representative to provide you with the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the doctors who have been approved to offer medical attention to the company’s employees.

Once you contact the insurance representative and get the process started you will be able to start getting the medical attention you need. If that medical attention requires you to take off time from work for recovery or treatment you will also be paid a percentage of your wages during your off time.

If for any reason your company doesn’t cooperate in getting you the medical attention you require you can always consider consulting with a workmans compensation personal injury attorney.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: November 11, 2011

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#1940 (11) {
    string(61) "What You Need to Know About Workers' Compensation Claim Forms"
    string(11) "page_id_504"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "108"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *