Visitor Question

Injury Claim for Old Work Injury…

Submitted By: Jennifer (Denver, CO. USA)

I was working and my co-worker called in so I needed someone to help me pull a pallet of juice out of the cooler so I could stock. I asked the manager and she said she would send somebody. After a while no one came so I asked another manager what I should do and he said to just pull out the pallet and that it shouldn’t be that heavy.

I pulled it out and hurt my wrist. The next night I went to work and my wrist was swollen and kinda blueish. So I filled out the paperwork and a day manager took me to their doctor who looked at it and he said let’s just say it was a fractured bone because he couldn’t find anything.

I was on light duty for a few weeks and the dr released me. Now 3-4 years later I have been feeling weakness and pain in that wrist and it has been hurting a lot! Is there anything I can do?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Jennifer,

When you are injured, time is really of the essence. While it is unclear whether you ever received a settlement in this matter, to come back 3-4 years later will make it very difficult for you to negotiate for a number of reasons. For one, there is a statute of limitations within which all injury claims must either be settled or litigated. You have exceeded this time period.

Secondly, you have not had any treatment on this injury for 3-4 years, I assume. Even if you were within the statute of limitations, adjusters are critical of these gaps in treatment because the assumption is that you are not really injured or that the injury is not the result of such an old accident. Unfortunately, you are in a situation where there is nothing you can do.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: December 16, 2010

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#1940 (11) {
    string(69) "How to Handle Pre-existing Conditions in Workers' Compensation Claims"
    string(11) "page_id_376"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "109"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *