Visitor Question

Release of Liability for Stunt Practice?

Submitted By: Rufus (Pennsylvania, USA)

Is there a way that I could create forms or papers stating that I will be responsible for any damage of property, physical injuries or death caused by using someone else’s property for stunt work? For example, a cement company building or brickyard.

I want to practice my physical exercises for stunt training which requires particular obstacles. I have been training a very long time and I’m particularly cautious and safe when I train, but people don’t realize this from an outside perspective. The only thing they think of is me getting hurt on their property and them being liable for my injuries.

However I know I will not be injured and if I did it would be my fault not theirs. Is there a way I can print out or have forms made that I could sign which state I am responsible for any damage, injury or death I may cause to myself? I am so passionate about my training and so confident of my safety that this is a risk I am willing to take. Thanks.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Rufus,

What you are referring to is normally referred to as a “Hold Harmless Agreement”, an “Indemnification Agreement”, or a “Release of Liability” Agreement.

They are all basically the same. These Agreements can be found Online, or at Major Office Supply Stores.

They basically state in the event of your injury, or any third party colleague, employee, or other person or persons with whom you have a relationship in the furtherance of your stunt training, are injured you release the property owners and managers from any liability. That would also include property damage.

Because it is legally inappropriate for us to prepare legal documents for readers, you will have to rely on the referrals I suggested above.

Even with an Indemnification, Hold Harmless or Release of Liability document in hand, the property owners and any management may still balk at permitting you to do stunt training on their premises.

It comes down to business as well. You are not paying them for the use of their property. As a result, the old saying “What’s in it for me?” seems to be the operative phrase.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: February 1, 2012

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#2437 (11) {
    string(61) "The Rules of Liability in Personal Injury Claims and Lawsuits"
    string(11) "page_id_364"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "281"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *