Visitor Question

What is Workmans Comp Settlement for Permanent Disability?

Submitted By: J (San Francisco, CA)

I hurt both of my knees, calf and back because of a faulty bus brake. I have been off work for a little over a year, and I was just given an opportunity of “light duty” the past 2 months.

I was unable to complete the light duty so I’m back home. I have seen a QME 2 times now and this last one was for the determination. I was wondering what is a typical settlement amount for a younger person who is permanently disabled?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear J,


From the facts you present and without more specific financial information it would be impossible for us to give you a specific amount. We can though tell you a typical settlement for a person who has been ruled to be permanently disabled is based upon how much money he made when she was working.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: April 11, 2011

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#1942 (11) {
    string(69) "Compensation for Permanent Partial Disability in Workers' Comp Claims"
    string(11) "page_id_346"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "202"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *