Visitor Question

Workers Comp Slip and Fall Case at a School…

Submitted By: Anonymous (New Jersey)

My adult son fell and broke his leg in 3 places with a compound fracture. After 3 hours of surgery they put a metal rod in his leg. He fell in a school parking lot on ice, on his way to work there. The doctor has him out of work, he is now on workman’s comp. Does he have any legal recourse against the school? Can he sue? Thanks.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Anonymous,

Because your son was an employee of the school at the time of his injuries, and because he was injured on his employer’s property, filing a Workman’s Compensation Claim is the appropriate procedure.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Published: February 25, 2011

How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation
array(1) {
  object(WP_Term)#1942 (11) {
    string(58) "Injury Compensation for Off-the-Clock Work Place Accidents"
    string(11) "page_id_500"
    string(12) "icc_qa_group"
    string(0) ""
    string(3) "raw"
    string(3) "195"

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *