Rear Ended by a Truck...

by LaShaun
(Washington, DC)

My husband and my twin boys were rear ended by a truck that was hit by a car this morning. My husband said it was a pretty hard jolt, by the grace of God my sons appear okay.

What should we do?

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Rear Ended by a Truck...":


From the facts you present it appears your sons were not injured. We will presume your husband was not as well.

Whether your husband’s car suffered damages or whether your husband and sons were not injured is not reason enough to do nothing. You should call both the insurance company for the truck and for the other vehicle. Tell them about the damages and they will set up an investigation.

There is always the possibility their injuries may not be noticeable yet and that they may show up in the future. Those are called “latent injuries." Make sure you keep all the insurance information in the event you have to contact them again.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Semi-truck Accident Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: