Should I hire a lawyer for injury at a grocery store?

by Anonymous

I was at a grocery store when a pallet stacked high with both dry and canned goods toppled over on me causing a significant neck strain.

This was witnessed by several stock men. Essentially, they cut the protective plastic as I walked by. I had significant pain and bruising.

Do I have a case for injuries? Should I hire a lawyer? Thanks for the help.

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Should I hire a lawyer for injury at a grocery store?":

The grocery store pallets of today are about the same as they were 50 years ago. They are made of wood and are very heavy. If you sought medical help after the injury and incurred medical bills and other out of pocket expenses, the grocery store should reimburse you. It would also be good to know if the grocery store’s management completed an in-store Injury or Incident Report.

You asked if we think you should hire an attorney. You may not have to hire an attorney yet, but it is always a good idea to seek the advice of a qualified personal injury attorney after suffering an injury caused by a 3rd party.

Because most personal injury attorneys will not charge any fee to sit down and discuss your case with you, it would be in your best interest to meet with one to understand what your legal options might be.

Remember there is normally a two (2) year statute of limitations in most personal injury cases. If you are unable to settle your case with the grocery store and decide to file suit against them, the lawsuit must be filed within two years of the date of your injury.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Self-representation Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: