Slipped Discs and Pinched Nerve from Fall at Work...

by Anonymous

I slipped and fell at work. The fall bruised my left knee and it swelled up. I called my supervisor and told him what happened, but they just laughed and didn't do anything.

The next day I went to my doctor and he took me off work for 2 weeks. He also put me on light duty for 2 months and instructed me to stay off my leg. He said the fall caused me to have 4 slipped discs in my back and a pinched nerve in my shoulder, in addition to the injured knee.

Can I sue for these injuries? How would I pursue this case? Thank you.

Visitor Question:
Disclaimer: Information provided in our response is NOT formal legal advice. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Under no circumstances should the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site be relied upon when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Our response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. Always get a formal case review from a licensed attorney in your area.

ANSWER for "Slipped Discs and Pinched Nerve from Fall at Work...":

Anonymous (USA):

Under the set of circumstances you offered you really can't sue anyone. You are covered by Workmans Compensation Insurance. If the doctor can verify your back injuries were as a result of a work related matter then you will be fairly compensated by your employer's insurance company.

The only time you can sue is if there exists a credible conflict between your employer, their insurance company, and you, or if your employer didn't have workmans compensation insurance and you were injured and needed medical treatment.

Under the facts you present there doesn't seem to be any reason your employer's insurance company shouldn't take care of all of your medical bills. If for any reason you think you would like a second opinion, ask your employer or their insurance adjuster for the name of another doctor on their approved list.

During the time it takes for your treatment, if the doctors say you are unable to work a partial amount of your wages should be paid as well.

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from an attorney licensed in your state. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,

Judge Calisi

P.S. Please help us out by sharing this site...

Click here to post comments

Return to Back Injury at Work Questions

How Much Is Your Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney...

How Much Are Your
Injuries Worth?

Find out with a
free attorney review: