Visitor Question

Broken teeth after trip and fall in a nightclub…

Submitted By: Becky (PA)

I fell in a nightclub and was injured. I tripped over a corner of a raised seating section, falling face first and knocking out my front teeth and breaking off a cap. It was dark and busy, and I wasn’t watching the floor as I walked, looking up as to not run in to anyone.

They called 911 and I was seen by paramedics but not taken to the hospital, I just left and went home. I went to the dentist and he said to contact the club and get insurance information, which they would not give me. The staff there feel it was not their fault. They think it was properly lit and said they will speak with the owner about it.

I have heard nothing back. I work in the public and have no front teeth and would like to get them fixed. Do you feel I have a claim? What can I do about this? How do I get them to cooperate with an injury claim? Thanks.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Becky,

From the facts you present, the nightclub is liable for your injury and resulting damages. Your damages can include the cost of any and all dental work required to replace your broken front teeth. This can include implants, veneers and other required dental procedures.

Your damages can also include compensation for any out of pocket expenses related to your injuries. These can include the costs of transportation to and from your dental appointments, the costs of prescription and over the counter medications, and any other reasonable expenses directly related to your injury, required treatment, and recovery.

You are also entitled to any lost wages sustained for the times you were unable to work because of dental appointments and recovery time.

Send the nightclub a certified letter, return receipt requested. In the letter make clear you were injured at the nightclub when you fell over a raised seating section. Inform them you made a good faith effort to secure their insurance information, but were ignored.

Go on to tell them you intend to pursue the matter in an effort to be compensated for your damages, and if they continue to ignore you, you will have no alternative but to retain an attorney to represent you. Make clear you will give them two (2) weeks from the date the letter is received. If you haven’t heard from them within that two (2) week period, seek out the assistance of a licensed personal injury attorney.

An attorney will have a much better chance of getting the night club’s attention, and securing your damages for you, including an additional amount for your pain and suffering.

Learn more here: Injury Claims in Bars and Nightclubs

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *