Visitor Question

Can the Insurance Company Stop Paying for Treatment?

Submitted By: Luc (Sarnia,Ont,Canada)

I was injured in a car accident last july (grade II whiplash), the insurance company has been paying me $480.96 bi-weekly.

Now they tell me I can get the medical help via Physiotherapy, massage therapy, and kinesiology. My doctor has told me not to go back to work yet but the insurance company has said they are stopping my money.

What should I do?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Luc,

Well, for starters it is interesting that they are paying you a bi-weekly sum.

First, I would want to know how much you were entitled to in the first place (from which I am assuming these payments have been coming).

Secondly, I would want to know if you have signed anything agreeing to a stipulated sum.

So, for example, if you agreed to $10,000.00 and that is in fact actually coming to an end, you may have no recourse.

So, in terms of your question, I would find out how much you agreed to receive and whether you signed anything.

From there, perhaps you might want to re-post so that we can address the next steps for you.

Learn more here: What Insurance Covers Injury Claims?

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *