Visitor Question

Can’t find an attorney to take my case…

Submitted By: Diane (Cocoa, FL)

On March 3, 2011 I tripped on a rotted post in the ground that was not visible because of grass. I hit my head on some mailboxes resulting in a 2 day hospital stay, a large cut on my head, and 2 black eyes that covered most of my face and lasted for more than a month.

I think I have a personal injury case but I can’t find an attorney to take the case. Why won’t a lawyer help me?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Diane,

Well, it really depends on the following factors and more:

• Where the rotted post was located

• Who owned the post

• The land upon which the post was located

• Whether the landowner had sufficient insurance

• Whether the landowner was liable for the injuries you suffered.

There may be some other reasons, but without more facts it’s difficult to know what else the attorneys based their decision upon.

Normally a personal injury attorney will accept a case if they believe their prospective client was injured. But these same attorneys will hesitate if the chances of prevailing in a lawsuit are limited.

You can either continue to seek a personal injury attorney to take your case, or file a lawsuit yourself in Small Claims Court.

Before you do be sure the person or entity you are suing has sufficient assets to pay for your medical bills and other expenses for which you want to be reimbursed.

Learn more here: When You Need an Injury Attorney

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

One comment on “Can’t find an attorney to take my case…

  1. No Help in Texas says:

    I’m a disabled mom of 4 and have searched over 8 months for an attorney to help me with my case. I’ve been in my townhome for 6 years and didn’t start having problems untill 2yrs ago, when they couldn’t keep consistent management.

    For 2 years I’d beenn requesting maintenance on hazardous conditions like mildew in our cup cabinets, moldy/mildew AC vents, leaky ceilings etc… my kids and I have suffered plenty and with my limitations, I’m close to jumping off the edge!!

    Repairs would either be ignored or pushed aside. That is until Feb 2015, when they found out I filed a complaint with HUD. They rushed in and started fixing stuff then denied that I ever put in orders.

    Even with emails and call logs the TWC has still taken their side. I’ve been turned down by every attorney in Texas. I’ve paid out “consultation fees” to hear what I already know.

    I’ve waited 2 weeks for Lone Star legal aid to call me back, only to be referred to another agency. I’ve sent several complaints to Disability rights Texas, ADA and so on… There’s no help for me.

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *