Visitor Question

Child Injured at School Playground…

Submitted By: Kalyne (Louisiana, USA )

My child was playing at recess at school when she fell and hit her face on a drain. She has scratches on her face and a swollen bruised lip. She can barely eat and drink. I really think the drain in the playground should be covered with something.

What do you think I should do about this matter?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Kalyne,

Take your child to a doctor to be sure his injuries are documented, and that all treatment necessary has been given to your child. If there is any possibility scarring may occur, see a plastic surgeon. Too many people wait too long and ten years later display their scars, telling about how they received it and why they never pursued the responsible party for compensation for plastic surgery.

Seeing a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist is not an extreme measure. Childhood injuries can last a life time, and if not diagnosed early can preclude you from suing for compensation.

Remember, if you decide legal action is necessary there is a 2 year Statute of Limitations period in the State of Louisiana. This means if you don’t receive compensation for your child’s injuries within 2 years you will be precluded from filing suit against the guilty party.

If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact a personal injury attorney. Almost all of them will not charge you any fee for an initial office consultation. It’s a great way to really understand your legal options.

Learn more here: Playground Injury Claims

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *