Visitor Question

Defendant in a Personal Injury Lawsuit…

Submitted By: Hamidou (Atlanta, GA, USA)

I’m being sued by a plaintiff with whom I was involved in a 3 car collision (for no less than $300,000 including attorney fees). I hit one person from the rear then that person ended up hitting someone else that was in front them.

My insurance company rescinded on the policy stating that I wasn’t on my parents’ insurance, thus leaving me liable for the damages. I got bills for repair from the insurance companies of the people I hit, and a collections agency claiming to cancel my registration and license. What can I do?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Hamidou,

Regrettably there isn’t a whole lot you can do, especially because you admit hitting the car in front of you. Add to that this was your third collision with the same party and you really are “between a rock and a hard place”.

You can fight the collection letters and insurance company demands, but you will be fighting a losing battle there too.

In the State of Georgia driving without proof of financial Responsibility, especially if you have been ticketed multiple times, is a sure way to lose your license.

The trouble is you are losing the battle on all fronts.

If all of the debts are piling up and you don’t see any way of being able to pay them, or work out some sort of payment plans which will satisfy the creditors, you might have to consider bankruptcy.

Although the bankruptcy laws have become more stringent in the last few years, it may be your only way out of the jam you find yourself in.

Learn more here: Multi-Vehicle Accident Claims

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *