Visitor Question

Fell on a Broken Glass at Las Vegas Casino…

Submitted By: Breelyn (Las Vegas)

I was dancing in the VIP section of a casino on the Las Vegas strip when I was pushed and landed on a broken wine glass stem. I was carried out of the club and they had an ambulance take me to the Emergency Room. I stayed in the ER for several hours and got some stitches where the wine glass punctured my leg and went through my muscle.

I have a 1yr old daughter and can’t take care of her due to the fact I can’t walk. Also, I can’t use the bathroom without being in excruciating pain. I am not able to get up and down my stairs in my home. I have never broken a bone or had stitches before in my life.

Do I have a viable lawsuit against the casino? Thank you.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Breelyn,

Although you have a right to file a lawsuit against the casino you may not have to take such drastic action. Instead you should be able to pursue a civil claim against the casino by negotiating a civil settlement.

Contact the Casino’s management. They will already have on file an “Incident Report” related to your injury. Prior to contacting the casino have in your possession copies of all of your medical bills, out of pocket expenses, and a written verification from your employer stating the amount of your lost wages to date.

With all that information in hand you will be able to make a proper claim for reimbursement and compensation for your injuries.

Be sure not to agree to any settlement, nor sign any agreement with the casino or its insurance company until such time as you are satisfied all your medical bills have been paid, and that there is enough money to pay for any future medical bills as well.

In addition, be sure to have your employer verify how much longer you will be out of work, and how much money in lost wages you will continue to suffer.

Finally, and this is the most difficult part, ask for an additional amount of compensation for your pain and suffering. That amount should be a multiple of anywhere from 1.5x – 5x the amount of your medical bills. The purpose of this is to “absorb” the medical bills, out-of-pocket expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact a personal injury attorney. Most will not charge any amount for an initial office consultation.

Learn more here: Casino Accidents and Injury Claims

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

One comment on “Fell on a Broken Glass at Las Vegas Casino…

  1. Anonymous says:

    I work for a temp dealers service that sent me to several different casinos here in Las Vegas. On 3-16-12 I reported to work and fell down 2 stairs in the casino break room area. There was no hand rails on the stairs and the lighting was bad.

    I landed in a push-up position and suffered the following injuries: right index finger cut, requiring 4 stitches; left elbow contusion with a possible broken bone to the left elbow; and swelling of both wrists.

    I was taken to the emergency room by the paramedics. I was told that workers compensation would pay for my medical bills. I missed over 10 days of work and may have to go to rehab for my hand, wrist and elbow injuries. Can I sue the casino? Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *