Visitor Question

Fired After One Day?

Submitted By: Dakota (Palm Coast, Florida)

I worked for a chain restaurant for a single day and I did everything they asked perfectly, but was still fired. I came into work exactly on time. I did all the dishes and swept the floor just like they asked. I’m so upset because I really needed the money for personal reasons.

I went into work today and they said I was not appropriate for the job. Then the woman manager demanded I take off the apron and hat and give it to her right away or she was gonna call the police to come and get me. I was really crying to her not to take my job away and that I really liked working there.

But she told me to leave, so I did. Is this wrongful termination? Is there anything I can do to resolve this or deal with the emotional distress they put me under? I live in Florida. Thank you.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Dakota,

You failed to mention the reason your employment was so quickly terminated. There must be a reason. Unless you can show your termination was based on your race, religion, sexual preference or age, your options are quite limited.

You might contact the senior manager of the restaurant. She may be able to overrule the action of the woman who dismissed you. You might also contact the corporate office and plead your case. There may be in place a form of appeal. If so be sure to request whatever forms the company requires you to complete. Also be vigilant of the time you have to complete and file the claim. If you miss the time limit you may be forever barred from any further appeals.

Unfortunately you probably won’t be able to recover any compensation for your pain and suffering. To recover any amount for pain and suffering you would have to have extraordinary evidence of cruelty, whether physical or mental.

Learn more here: Wrongful Termination Cases

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney. Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here , or call (888) 647-2490.

Best of luck,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *