Visitor Question

How can I add to a claim that I’ve already submitted?

Submitted By: Anonymous (Austintown, Ohio)

While on vacation, I was involved in a bus accident in Nevada. Upon returning home, I received treatment for wrist and neck injuries. After three months, treatment was wrapped up and all paperwork was submitted.

That was 11 months ago. There has been no word on who was to take responsibility in order to present a demand letter. I have begun to have numbness in my arms and fingers. I plan on going to to get a referral to whatever medical profession I need.

Is there going to be a problem with getting this new medical help included in my claim?

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Anonymous,

Contact the people you submitted the paperwork to. This could be the bus company or the company’s insurance carrier. Explain to them you submitted your paperwork 11 months ago and have not yet been contacted.

Be persistent in asking to speak with the division of the bus company which deals with injuries to passengers. When you speak with the person who has been handling your claim, be sure to ask for the claim number and their name and contact information.

Explain your frustration with their lack of communication. Go on to explain the date of the accident, the injuries you sustained, and the medical bills you have already incurred, and those you are likely to incur in the future.

Until such time as the bus company or its insurance carrier agree to pay for those medical bills, you have no assurance those bills, or any future bills will be paid.

In the event you are not satisfied with the bus company’s response, you can consider filing a small claims lawsuit against the bus company. In the State of Ohio Small Claims Courts have jurisdiction to hear cases up to $3,000.

For more information about filing a small claims lawsuit in the State of Ohio, read Ohio Small Claims Court: A Citizens Guide.

Learn more here: Bus Accident Lawsuits

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *