Visitor Question

Insurance stopped responding after accident?

Submitted By: Lee (Kuna, Idaho)

I was rear ended and it was the other driver’s fault. Insurance was contacted. My headache started several hours later, then lead to pain in my neck, shoulder, mid back, clavicle, left hip and knee. The incident involved being hit while driving under 35 miles per hour.

The at-fault driver stated she was sorry, she was arguing with her mom on the phone and this was the third accident in same area of her car. She did mention later, “I just wanted to get on Capitol.”

I’m not out to get her, she’s young, but her mom being an adult shouldn’t have been on the phone with a young driver arguing while her daughter was driving. Their insurance has stopped answering my emails but the day after the accident they stated they would set up medical for me if needed.

The insurance company won’t respond anymore so I’m going to my doctor with their insurance information. Depending on my injuries, do I get myself an attorney? I’m too upset trying to do this myself. Thank you.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Lee,

Consider stopping your emails and calling the insurance company directly. You will need to speak with the claims adjuster handling your injury claim. Presuming your car sustained damage, you will have to speak with another claims adjuster. Typically, insurance companies have one adjuster handling the property damage portion of a claim, and another the injury portion.

In the insurance company emails will be a claim number. Be sure you keep that reference number accessible. You will need it when dealing with the insurance company.

Inasmuch as the insurance company has apparently agreed to pay your medical bills, you will need to document any medical treatment you receive.

If you are satisfied with the manner in which the claims adjusters are handling your claim, you will not need legal representation. Moreover, presuming your medical bills are relatively small, it may be difficult to find an attorney who will accept your case. It would just not be worth their time and effort.

If however, your medical bills are substantial and/or you believe you’re not being treated fairly by the insurance company, you may need an attorney to represent your interests. Regardless, it’s always a good idea to get a free initial consultation from a local personal injury attorney.

Learn more here: Idaho Car Accident Guide

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *