Visitor Question

Knocked over by forklift at work…

Submitted By: Connie (Ohio)

I was injured by a forklift driver close to 7 weeks ago. At the time and still, the majority of the pain has been in my foot. Now for the past 3 days my back has been hurting more and more. When I was injured, I was hit from behind by the forklift and knocked down onto my left side, and this is the side where I’m feeling pain.

Should I bring this to my orthopedist’s attention? Or do I need to find another doctor? Will there be any problem with getting compensation for my back pain since it came so long after the actual accident happened? I live in Ohio. Thanks.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Connie,

Of course you should report your pain and discomfort to your orthopedist. Although you didn’t mention it, we’re going to presume you are going through with a workers compensation claim.

It’s difficult to tell if your late reporting of your pain and discomfort will adversely affect your compensation claim. If your pain is truly related to your work injury, your doctor should be able to support your claim in his/her medical narrative (diagnosis and prognosis).

Unfortunately, the 7 week delay may be held against you by your employer’s insurance company. They may say your new found pain and discomfort is a result of a new intervening injury.

You certainly have the right to ask to see another doctor. If your orthopedist won’t support you, it would be in your best interest to seek a new medical opinion. Even if your orthopedist supports your position it wouldn’t hurt to have a second opinion as soon as possible.

Learn more here: Compensation for Forklift Accidents

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *