Visitor Question

Lawsuit for generic drug version?

Submitted By: A (Coolidge, AZ)

I have developed peripheral neuropathy from taking generic Levaquin (levofloxacin).

The only plaintiffs in the current class action are those who were prescribed the name brand.

My neuropathy is becoming so bad (hands and feet) that I may no longer be able to work.

Do I have any legal options? If so, what are they? Do I have to file a separate case for the generic form of the drug? Thank you.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear A,

You may have the basis of a “defective product” claim against the manufacturer of Levaquin, the manufacturer of the generic drug Levofloxacin (if different), the doctor who prescribed the drug, and the pharmacy where the drug was supplied to you.

Because defective product claims against pharmaceutical manufacturers are complex, and require expert testimony, research, and thousands of attorney hours, you would have to retain an attorney to pursue the claim on your behalf.

Seek the advice and counsel of several local personal injury attorneys. Most do not charge for initial office consultations. Try and find personal injury attorneys with experience in defective product claims, especially involving pharmaceutical manufacturers. You won’t have to pay any money for the attorney to pursue your claim, and will only have to pay legal fees if the attorney is successful in settling your claim, or winning it at court.

Your next option is to seek information about any class actions filed against the manufacturer. One of the better class action sites is

Learn more here: Dangerous Drug Lawsuits

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *