Visitor Question

Leg Injured on Amusement Park Ride…

Submitted By: Anonymous (Dallas County, Texas)

I went to a major amusement park in Texas and while riding on of the rides, I found my self screaming due to pain and not fun. Part of my leg kept getting “karate chopped” from hitting the small under component where you position your feet.

I am 5’9″ and my legs are longer than most so the normal 90 degree angle is a 120 degree angle for me (for leg comfort). The ride was so bumpy and unsmooth, and every time we would go down and up, I was hitting my leg to the point that I just wanted to get off the ride.

When it finally stopped, my leg was in pain and I could barely walk. I just started limping after awhile and the group that I was with heard my wrath and just kept asking if I was okay. I told them no and that the stupid ride hurt my leg. I did not want to ruin their night due to the fact they brought their mentally challenge sister and she was already a handfull, so we kept going.

As the night progressed my foot pain was stable until I got home. I had laid down for an hour and when I got up my foot pain was hurting worse and I could barely walk. I just laid in bed and went to sleep. Than I woke up in the morning (today) and I feel the pain again, and I missed my volunteer commitment due to the pain.

I was thinking to go back to the amusement park and complaining against the ride. I think the area of my leg is swollen and I wanted to tell them about the ride and how bad it is. I am headed to a doctor to have it looked at. They will get that bill and if it’s broke they will get that bill and a letter from a lawyer because there is some negligence there.

They know that the ride has gotten way too bumpy from the past few years and needs to have some improvements made or be updated (to stay or be in compliance with state regulations), and in their part are neglecting that responsibility. I wonder when was the last time an engineer looked at the ride or even rode it, because if I suffered some pain I know others have as well.

I did not enjoy the rest of my time at the park due to that ride and the scars it left on my leg. And I wanted to know if I have any legal rights, because it just happened last night and I am having pain in my leg as I type this now? Thank you.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Anonymous,

Before deciding on legal action you should be sure you haven’t suffered any serious bodily injuries.

Get to the doctor and explain how your injury occurred. Your doctor may order an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination or a CAT Scan (Computer Axial Tomography).

Those tests will be able to tell you and your doctor if your injuries are serious. The examinations normally show fractured bones, torn and separated tendons, and other organ damage. If your doctor thinks it appropriate she may send you to an orthopedic surgeon as well.

Because the State of Texas has a 2 years Statute of Limitations, or time period within which a person can either settle their personal injury claim or file a lawsuit, you will have plenty of time after your examinations to decide what course of action to take.

You might consider first being fully examined by the doctors and if, after the examinations take place they reveal serious injury to your leg or surrounding area, you might at that time consider contacting a qualified personal injury attorney. You can also visit with one before if you wish.

Most personal injury attorneys do not charge for initial office consultations. A review of all the facts with one will apprise you of the time and effort involved in the pursuit of a personal injury claim, and if the facts you submit are substantial enough to merit an attempt at settlement or filing of a lawsuit.

Learn more here: Amusement Park Accident Claims

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *