Visitor Question

Postal worker not getting help with injury?

Submitted By: Anonymous (Houston, TX)

I am a postal worker injured on the job due to an obstacle installed in a walk way. I was the first of two employees injured before they attempted to correct the safety hazard. I reported the hazard and injury as soon as the Postmaster arrived, and finished out the work day. I went home to ice and heat my injuries (neck and back) hoping I would be better in the morning.

The next morning I told the Postmaster I wanted to get it checked out because I wasn’t any better. I wrote a statement and the name of doctor I wanted to see, including the address and phone number which was printed on my CA1.

For three days I waited for my agency to either get me an appointment with him or give me another option. Nothing happened. I ended up using an advocate at the end of that third day seeking my own treatment. I have a 4 hour job offer based on the CA17 but I’m not getting compensated.

The postal service stole my leave until I ran out instead of COP which I requested. The injury comp office has minimally communicated with me and really don’t know their roll. What do I do? Thank you.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Anonymous,

According to the U.S. Postal Service, your CA1 injury claim may be initiated by referring to Section 541.3.

The form is entitled “Federal Employee’s Notice of Traumatic Injury and Claim for Continuation of Pay/Compensation.”

Under the U.S. Postal Service Injury Compensation Program, you do not have to wait for your supervisor or management personal to assist you in filing your injury claim.

Continue to rely on your Postal Service Advocate. Your advocate is there to assist you in the pursuit of your injury claim.

Learn more here: Federal Workers' Compensation Claims

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *