Visitor Question

Robbed at gunpoint and pistol whipped at my job yesterday…

Submitted By: Martin (Houston, TX)

I am the assistant manager at a national chain dollar store. Yesterday at work I was robbed by 2 men who also pistol whipped me. I received 12 staples in my head and 4 in my hand.

What recourse do I have in this situation? What can be done to these criminals? Please give me some information on what my options are and how I can recover compensation for my medical bills and pain and suffering. Thank you.

Disclaimer: Our response is not formal legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is generic legal information based on the very limited information provided. Do not rely upon the information in our response, or anywhere else on this site, when deciding the proper course of a legal matter. Always get a personalized case review from a local attorney.


Dear Martin,

Once the criminals are apprehended they will in all likelihood be indicted for Felony Robbery. If convicted they will be imprisoned. If your store is located within city limits, contact the City of Houston’s Police Department and request a copy of the police report. You can purchase a copy for under $10.00 dollars. If the store is located outside city limits, the Harris County Sheriffs Department will have jurisdiction. Contact them for a copy of the sheriffs report.

Contact the Harris County District Attorneys Office. Although it’s still early, let them know you are one of the victims of the robbery. You’ll probably be called to testify if the cases go to trial. Harris County also has a “Victims Compensation Fund.” You may be able to receive some compensation for your medical bills, etc.

It’s also likely the corporation you are employed by will take care of your medical bills and related costs. They may also provide counseling for the trauma you suffered at the hands of the gunmen.

Learn more here: Workers' Comp After Getting Robbed

The above is general information. Laws change frequently, and across jurisdictions. You should get a personalized case evaluation from a licensed attorney.

Find a local attorney to give you a free case review here, or call 888-972-0892.

We wish you the best with your claim,


How Much is Your Injury Claim Worth?

Find out now with a FREE case review from an attorney…

  • Your Accident
  • Your Claim
  • Contact Info
  • Your Evaluation

Leave a Comment

Don’t ask a personal injury question here – comments are not reviewed by an attorney. Ask your question on this page. Required fields are marked *